Go for Gold. How to pitch yourself and your work.
Getting work ready to show the world can be challenging; how do you edit, how do you write the project text, how do you best pitch it to potential editors and curators?
Guided by Circulation(s) Festival Co-Director Audrey Hoareau and Work-Show-Grow founder and artist Natasha Caruana a small group of just 18 participants will work together over two days to create the best presentation for existing work. You will finish the weekend with a coherent portfolio, project text, a set of creative career goals, and a bunch of new friends!
The workshop will cover:
- How to edit a strong sequence of images
- How to write a clear and dynamic project text
- How to best speak about your project
- How to make a marketing plan to get your project out there
- All teaching sessions across two days
- Group lunch on the first day
- Portfolio event with the Circulation(s) team
Price: €150 per person
This workshop will be most suitable for:
- Final year photography/art students
- Photography/art graduates
- Those working within commercial photography who have continued to shoot personal work
- A near complete photography project (Recommended 15 – 30 printed images and a hard drive with additional work)
- A laptop
- Written project notes
- Written artist statement notes
Important: This workshop takes place in Paris and will be taught in English!
- An opportunity to finalise existing work (written, spoken and printed)
- Meaningful and lasting connections with a peer group of like-minded individuals
- Informal feedback and formal portfolio review
- An opportunity to network with the Circulation(s) festival’s artistic comity panel
A 2-day masterclass
Dates: Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th of June
Times: from 10pm to 6pm
Location: Atelier 7, at the Centquatre-Paris
Price (for both days): €150 per person, registration is required
Registration will open on Wednesday 22nd of May.
Walking distance hotel:
Contact for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org